We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of personally-identifying information that may be submitted to us when you visit our website.
The information we receive depends on what you do when you visit our site. This is how we handle the information we learn about you from your visit to our website.
If you visit our site to read or download information on our web pages such as press releases and checking and savings account information:
We collect and store only the following information about you: name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account, or a similar domain corresponding to your Internet Service Provider "ISP"); date and time you access our website; pages you may have visited on our site; and Internet address of the website from where you came to visit our website.
We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different pages and sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
If you visit our website to use interactive banking tools such as financial calculators and self-tests:
You may be asked for personal information in order to complete the requested analysis or evaluation. This information is NOT retained.
If you identify yourself by sending an e-mail or filling forms such as applications, check reorder forms, contact forms and guest registers; or if you conduct transactions via our online service:
You may be asked for personally-identifying information in order to process your e-mail, form, application, or transaction.
To offer you the financial products and services you seek, we collect, maintain and use information about you on a routine basis. The following describes our practices and policies with respect to the privacy of customer information. In the event that your customer relationship with us comes to an end, or you become an inactive customer, we will continue to adhere to these policies and practices.
European Standard Bank shall be subject to International laws. Any disputes shall be dealt with in the courts determined by European Standard Bank only, and all persons using the services of European Standard Bank agree to be bound by these laws. European Standard Bank is not subject to the governments of any other country regardless of where its clients reside.
European Standard Bank has made every effort to ensure total security and privacy of all account holders of the bank. It is not responsible however for any losses resulting from negligence of account holders in the usage of our web site or communications. Account holders are expected to maintain their own security of passwords and other information necessary to access their accounts online.
We cannot go into all the details for obvious reasons but the following is a general outline of the steps we have taken to secure your privacy.
- All client information submitted is done so under SSL (Secure Server Line) to ensure that nothing can be intercepted.
- Records are frequently backed up onto other computers in undisclosed countries, and kept under 4,000 bit encryption. 128 bit encryption is considered unbreakable so the chances of anyone getting their hands on this information are zero.
- We will not co-operate with any government who wants account information. If we are convinced you are acting criminally we will contact you first and ask you to defend such allegations. If you cannot satisfy us that the source of your funds is non criminal we will simply request you close your account and transfer the money elsewhere.
- We at no time will admit to anyone that you have an account with European Standard Bank regardless of claims or inquiries.
- We use the most up to date software to detect and eliminate viruses.
- We use tracking software to detect any illegal attempts by hackers to access our system and have taken various precautions to stop any hacker from accessing our system.
- We highly recommend clients use either a Hushmail address or PGP encryption to communicate with the European Standard Bank. This will further prevent anyone from knowing anything about your communications with the European Standard Bank.
- All wire transfers out of your account to any other bank show only that the funds came from European Standard Bank. It will NEVER show your account number, so your receiving bank will have no way of knowing the details of the sender if you will instruct us about it. If you are interested in providing information about an account holder you can include it into a "details of payment" space of order form.